MOSS MVP

I've moved my blog to http://blog.falchionconsulting.com!. Please update your links. This blog is no longer in use--you can find all posts and comments at my new blog; I will no longer be posting to this site and comments have been disabled.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Help Save "Reading is Fundamental"

I normally never post non-SharePoint or editorial type stuff on my blog but this really pissed me off and I felt I needed to do something. President Obama, in all his wisdom, has decided to cut funding for RIF (Reading is Fundamental), the nations largest children's literacy organization. It really irritates me that we're able to find money to buy old cars or provide free materials and labor to insulate homes but there's not enough money to help our kids learn to read? What kind of message is that sending to our kids and to the rest of the world?

If you agree that RIF should receive continued funding please visit http://www.rif.org/ - in just a few clicks you can you submit a letter asking your member of Congress in the House of Representatives to sign the RIF Dear Colleague letter.

-Gary

No comments: