MOSS MVP

I've moved my blog to http://blog.falchionconsulting.com!. Please update your links. This blog is no longer in use--you can find all posts and comments at my new blog; I will no longer be posting to this site and comments have been disabled.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

MVP for Another Year!

I just found out that I’ve been renewed as an MVP for another year!  It’s been a crazy year – I started a new job allowing me to focus on SharePoint, I released somewhere around one hundred new STSADM commands, new PowerShell Cmdlets, lots of sample scripts, and two CodePlex projects (and that’s just the stuff I did on the side during my “free” time).  I’m looking forward to this new year and hopefully, as I start doing more speaking at conferences, I’ll have a chance to see and thank a lot of the people that have supported my efforts with their great feedback through this blog.

Happy New Year!!!

9 comments:

waldek said...

Congratulations, Gary. Well earned!

Steven Van de Craen said...

Nice one and you deserve it. Great community contribs. And Happy New Year to you too ! S

Todd said...

Congrats Gary. Good to have you around another year.

tk

nikhil said...

Congrats… you deserver to be MVP. Thanks for great work. This site helps me a lot. Looking forward to new commands 

Eric Shupps said...

Congrats! Unfortunately, I won't be paintballing this year so you'll have to use your magic paint-deflecting armor against someone else :-)

whall said...

Much deserved. I can't tell you how many times I stood back and said "those stsadm commands are a fine piece of work and has saved my hide."

Ok, actually I can. 3,718.

Anonymous said...

First time here,Love your articles but i'm a newer of Moss2007 ,xixi.nice to know you.
Now i'm having a problem,could you give me some advice? when i want to backup "My Site" of a Web Application, actually the "my profile" whose url is "http://host portal/person.aspx?accountname= Domain\username" is not backuped. so after restoring/importing backuped data to another web application, the "My Site" does not as what it was.
thanks very much!

Gary Lapointe said...

Are you backing up and restoring the root of the mysite web application?

Badajoz said...

Possibly a little late to comment but I must say, everyone I know uses your commands. Absolutely essential. Fantastic work