I've moved my blog to!. Please update your links. This blog is no longer in use--you can find all posts and comments at my new blog; I will no longer be posting to this site and comments have been disabled.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Some Upcoming Changes

Some of you may have noticed that my blog activity has been a little light over the last month. There's two reasons for that - one is the holidays - I had lots of vacation time I needed to take or else I'd lose it and what better time than over the holidays so as to maximize time off and time with family. The second is that tomorrow is my last day with Edfinancial Services and I've been scrambling to wrap up the MOSS upgrade I've been working on. I start my new job with Statera on the 21st. I'll be working for Statera as a Senior Consultant and will initially be doing MOSS related work. I've had a good 6 years at Edfinancial but it's time for me to move on to bigger and better things. As a result of my change in companies you may be wondering what will happen to this blog and the code that I've been providing - I've arranged it with Edfinancial for me to take over complete ownership of the code. As a result of this I will be able to continue to provide updates and new commands whenever I can. The only change to expect will be that I am planning on changing the file names and namespaces within the code to remove references to Edfinancial (I may provide an install batch file to help to remove the old version). Look for this new build in the coming days (I've also got several bug fixes and new commands which are available now but I have not yet documented - they are tested and functional - just haven't had time to document). I'm really excited about working with Statera and I'm hoping to learn all kinds of new things and hopefully contribute one or two things as well :). If anyone is interested in MOSS related work Statera is still hiring additional MOSS consultants. They are in particular need in the Salt Lake City region but they are also always looking for good talent so if you are looking for a change this might be a good place to start looking. If you want to learn more don't hesitate about contacting me (gary at thelapointes dot com) and if you send in a resume let them know you heard about the opportunities from this blog (it helps me and it shows that you pay attention to what's going on in the industry).

1 comment:

SharePoint Buzz said...

Congrats on the job. Look forward to hearing from you again.